Note: Please be aware that the mounting bracket quantity supplied will depend on the width of the blind.
- Please check that all parts have been supplied before you begin to assemble your new Custom Panel Glide
- The finished blind drop is the drop requested less 10mm for clearance
- The finished blind width is the finished track size
- Ensure that the blind is mounted level for correct operation
- If your track is wider than 2400mm, it will come in two pieces. To join the two pieces, please refer to the ‘Joiner Installation Instructions’ over page
As per your order, determine the correct fitting location of mounting brackets and mark where you are going to install the brackets.
- Inside the window frame (Inside Mount) or;
- On the window frame or wall (Outside Mount)
Installing Mounting Brackets
The installation brackets (part A) are fixed directly to the mounting surface, in the desired location, with edge 1 and 2 (see diagram) to the back of the Panel Glide. Make sure all brackets are in a straight line so the track will attach easily. (Wood screws have been provided however, screws suitable for gyprock or brick walls may need to be purchased.)
- Attach the installation bracket (part A) to the underside of the long end of the outside mount L bracket (part B), with the nut and bolt (part C) supplied. Please ensure the nut is on top of the L bracket and that edges 1 & 2 of the installation bracket are facing the back of the Panel Glide (Figure 1)
- Attach the outside mount L brackets (part B) to the wall or architrave (Figure 2) in the desired locations; spaced evenly, ensuring they are all level.
- If your track is wider than 2400mm, it will come in two pieces. A mounting bracket (part A) should be installed directly over the join to add extra strength. Please refer to the ‘Track Joiner Installation Instructions’4″)
Attaching Blind To Brackets
Position the track into the front edge of the installation bracket (part A) and gently push upwards to edge 1 only. Ensure the track is in the correct position, and then push upwards until the track clicks into edge 2. Attach the panels to the Velcro on the glides ensuring they are parallel to each other.
Operating the Blind
To operate the blind successfully, attach the wand (part E) to the lead panel (choose the front or back locating hole to suit), and draw smoothly across the track.
Track Joiner Installation Instructions
Remove joiner cover plate and discard
Push the male and female ends of the track together until the join is completely closed. Ensure that this step is completed on a flat surface.
- Mounting screws will be supplied in a small plastic bag taped to the underside of the track.
- Insert lock screws into pre-drilled holes.
- Ensure the track is not flexed whilst installing into mounting brackets. (Figure 1)
- A mounting bracket (part A) should be installed directly over the join to add strength upon installation. (Figure 2)
Please refer to the installation instruction sheet over page in regards to the correct mounting of this track.