- Please check that all parts have been supplied before you begin to assemble your new Roller Blind
- Do not unroll the blind until it is fully installed
- The finished blind width is from the outside of the left bracket to the outside of the right bracket
- Ensure that the blind is mounted level for correct operation
As per your order, determine the correct fitting location of mounting brackets and mark where you are going to install the brackets.
- Inside the window frame (Inside Mount) or;
- On the window frame or wall (Outside Mount)
Installing Mounting Brackets
- Place the Control Bracket (part B) in the desired location, as per your order i.e. on the LHS or RHS, mark and if necessary pre drill 2 holes. After drilling the holes, secure the bracket with screws (part D). (Wood screws have been provided, however screws suitable for gyprock or brick walls may need to be purchased)
- Repeat this process for the Idle Bracket (part c) (See Important Notes above)
Attaching Blind to Brackets
- Insert the idle mechanism into the idle bracket (part C) so it is engaged (Figure 1)
- Carefully align the chain control mechanism with the control bracket (part B) (Figure 2) (this is the one with the cross). Push the blind into the control bracket, ensuring the chain is hanging directly down. Hook into place with a gentle downward motion
Install the bracket covers supplied for any outside mount blinds.
Operating the Blind
Using the chain, draw the blind up and down several times to ensure the blind operates correctly.
Attaching Child Safety Device
Secure the child safety device (part E) to the wall beside the blind, ensuring the chain is not too tight, as this may restrict smooth operation.
Child Safety Instructions
For Blinds With Chain Control
- The chain tension device must be fitted to ensure child safety
- The chain tension device is to be positioned at the bottom of the chain loop
- It can be fitted to the inside of the reveal (Frame) or in front of the reveal (Frame)
- Position the tension device at the bottom of the chain loop (Figure 1)
- Install the tension device onto the reveal/frame, making sure that the loop chain hangs with minimal tension (Figure 2)
WARNING – ALL WINDOW COVERING WITH CORD OR CHAIN
To avoid creating a possible strangulation hazard for children, the corded or chained internal window covering must be installed in such a way that a loose cord or chain cannot form a loop 220mm or longer at a height of less than 1600mm above floor level.
- A cord/chain guide may be installed lower than 1600mm above floor level if the cord/chain is sufficiently secured or tensioned to prevent a loop 220mm or longer being formed
- If a cord/chain guide is installed lower than 1600mm above floor level, it must be designed to prevent a child from being able to remove the cord/chain
- If a cleat is used to secure the cord, it must be at least 1600mm above floor level because a child is capable of unwinding a cord from a cleat