- Please check that all parts have been supplied before you begin to install your new Custom vertical blind
- Ensure that the blind is mounted level for correct operation
- The mounting bracket quantity supplied will depend on the width of the blind. Please ensure that all brackets supplied are installed
As per your order, determine the correct fitting location of mounting brackets and mark where you are going to install the brackets.
- Inside the window frame (Inside Mount) or;
- On the window frame or wall (Outside Mount)
Installing Mounting Brackets
The installation brackets (part A) are fixed directly to the mounting surface, spaced evenly. Ensure that the two end brackets are approximately 100mm in from each end of the track and space all other mounting brackets evenly in the remaining space. Remember to allow for clearance of the back of the blade when in the open position – 89mm blades require 70mm clearance and 127mm blades require 90mm from the back of the open blade to the front of the track (please see drawings over page) Make sure all brackets are in a straight line so the track will attach easily.
STOP – If a pelmet is to be installed, please refer to the installation instructions supplied first
The installation brackets (part A) are attached to the face fix bracket (part B) with the nut and bolt (part D) and then mounted directly to the architrave or wall, spaced evenly. Ensure that the end brackets are approximately 100mm in from each end of the track and space all other mounting brackets evenly in the remaining space. Make sure all brackets are level so the track will attach easily.
Note: When installing brackets for outside mount applications, make sure to use the screw slot first to allow for easy adjustment up or down. When the brackets are level, fix through the small screw hole to ‘lock’ the bracket into position.
Position the brackets so that the blades clear the window frame or any protruding handles. Alternate positions, depending on a solid fixing point (determined at the time of measuring, as it will affect blind size)
Attaching Blind to Bracket
Position the track into the front edge of the central installation bracket (part A) and rotate the track to gently push upwards to edge 1 only (figure 1). Ensure the track is in the correct position, and then push upwards firmly until the track clicks into edge 2 (figure 2). Repeat for each bracket.
Hanging the Blades
- Rotate the wand so that the carriers/hooks face one end of the track
- Draw the wand fully across the track to position the carriers/hooks into the ‘open’ position
- Gently unroll the blades and attach them to the carriers/hooks one at a time, ensuring the hems are facing the same direction.
Operate Vertical Blind
To operate the blind, use the wand to draw the blades smoothly across the track. Rotate the wand to tilt the blades to the angle desired.
Optional Brackets (Available on Request)
If the blade clearance required prevents mounting the inside mount bracket (part A) in the window reveal, an inside mount extension bracket can provide up to 35mm of additional projection (figure 3).
To ensure blade clearance when window projections are past the front of the window/door reveal, an outside mount extension bracket can provide up to 30mm of additional projection (figure 4).