To help you order the correct size blind or curtain for your window, start by selecting the type of curtain or blind you plan to put in your window. The instructions provided will be everything you need to know how to measure for blinds and curtains so your new blinds or curtains fit your window perfectly.
Top 10 tips for measuring your windows:
- Always use a metal tape measure when measuring your windows.
- Always measure the width at the top, middle and bottom as the window may not be square
- Always measure the height/drop on the left, middle and right as the window may not be square
- Record all measurements in millimetres(mm)
- Inside and outside mounting are different measurements.
- Don’t make any deductions as our factory will do that for you.
- For inside mounting, make sure you have enough space for the blind to function correctly.
- Look for obtrusions that might interfere with your blind.
- For outside mounting on a wall, ensure you add enough to the drop of the blind along with the width to cover the window and a little more for better light control.
- Call Yes Blinds customer service if you are unsure about your measurements for any reason.